Marketing automation could be your most important hire of 2021
Automation is still one of the most powerful tools in the marketing handbook, with the benefits as easy and apparent as the name suggests.
It can free up your creatives’ time by making a computer do the mundane tasks, which can prove invaluable to your long term strategy. Really nailing marketing automation could be your biggest and best hire of 2021.
Let’s imagine there was a job spec for our dear friend marketing automation. It’d probably look something like this.
Octopus Group is in search of a communications whizz who’s able to perform autonomously, while using an analytical approach and build on insight and data. Someone who is a self-starter that thrives in data-driven environments, with experience in engagement and optimisation.
- Deliver marketing communications such as email and SMS to relevant clients and customers.
- Conduct A/B testing to help optimise content leading to engagement and conversion.
- Gather performance data and report the findings to stakeholders.
- Deliver segmented content depending on the recipient and audience.
- Generate B-Sends to maximise engagement.
- Use progressive profiling and dynamic content to gather insights and data.
Skills and experience required
- A data-driven mindset.
- Must deliver communications on time and accurately.
- Needs to measure success, and report on the results and findings.
- Act upon results and optimise future content.
- Must work autonomously.
- 24/7, round-the-clock dedication.
- Should reply to thousands of people in seconds.
- Input hundreds of data entry points every minute.
Automation should effortlessly send targeted content out and follow it up with performance results. Your team and new hires you bring into the fold, shouldn’t be spending any more time on repetitive tasks like this anymore.
That’s why marketing automation exists!
Of course, it’s not quite that simple. You still need someone to spearhead the process, design and build your comms and content strategy, and translate results into digestible, actionable conclusions. Marketing automation can’t replace a team member, but it can make their tasks a whole lot easier.
Sign up for our mini-workflow to receive ‘5 Quick Fixes of Marketing Automation’ to learn more.