Webinar poll results: How do you solve the problems of a sleepless CMO?
Yesterday we hosted a webinar for B2B marketers about the rise the ‘Sleepless CMO’ trend and polled them about their roles – here are the results… The webinar came about off the back of our Tech Heads report – an annual survey of B2B buyers and decision-makers. This year’s report found that a Chief Marketing Officer in 2016 is six times more likely to lose sleep than gain it, in comparison to previous years, giving rise to the ‘Sleepless CMO’. Billy Hamilton-Stent, Octopus Group’s Client Strategy Director, fielded a variety of questions from marketers and gave a strategic view on how marketing campaigns can engage today’s B2B buyers.
Here are the polling questions and results
Would you say you have slept more or less in the past 12 months?
- More 0%
- The same 40%
- Less 60%
What from the following is the strongest skillset for you as a marketer?
- Commercial – I’m all about numbers and driving sales 70%
- Tech – I’m all about marketing technologies and digital 10%
- Creative – I’m all about creativity and innovation 20%
In your current marketing function, where do you think the biggest performance gap resides?
- Commercial – building a case for marketing budgets 50%
- Tech – Digital operations and planning 30%
- Creative – Innovations and different ways of thinking 20%