We are looking for an Art Director who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and loves B2B tech. This role will involve working closely with our Creative Director, strategy, copy and design teams to work on projects from concept to delivery. Taking cues from our Creative Director, you’ll direct our team of designers to make sure their work fulfills the creative brief, is on-brand, and continues to push our capabilities. To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of and an infectious passion for design, art direction and developing concepts that elevate client briefs, with experience executing projects from conception to production.
- Generate award-winning integrated ideas and concepts, and see them through to production
- Review the work of our design team and freelancers, ensuring a high standard of visual execution across our client portfolio, including editorial, web, social and video, providing clear and timely direction and feedback.
- Collaborate with teammates across the agency, ensuring alignment to the clients business objectives
- Be a hands-on designer across multiple branding and website design projects
- Uncover new ways to incorporate emerging and new media formats into campaigns
- Introduce and apply expert art direction to new business pitches
- Inspire our clients to be creatively progressive, through the application of fresh and inventive visual work
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You’ll have at least 5 years of creative agency experience, with proven experience in a similar role
- A portfolio showcasing integrated design across digital/web design, branding, social and content, and an ability to generate original ideas and visual concepts
- The confidence to explain and support your thinking, both internally and externally
- A flexible approach and willingness to adapt your ideas to the needs of clients
- A clear eye for typography, layout and understanding of the balance between detail and simplicity that makes ‘good’ design great
- The resilience to perform under pressure and deliver high-quality work to tight deadlines
- An enthusiastic relationship builder, keen to work across project teams, direct other designs, and communicate proactively with client services.
- A problem solver, keen to find the best way to to bring great work to life
- A creative thinker with the curiosity to learn new skills, and a keen eye for design trends and technologies
- Self-starter with a “let’s roll up our sleeves and get it done” attitude
- A clear communicator, comfortable in front of clients, and relishes the opportunity to talk about design
You will report to the Creative Director and work alongside the creative team
Package designed to attract the right candidate, including our competitive benefits package of 25 days holiday, matched contributory pension, private medical care, flexible working, long-service sabbaticals, health cash plan, life assurance, childcare vouchers, free eye tests, new business and employee finder’s fees and lots more.
Everyone should feel at home, at work. At Octopus Group, all employees can be true to their authentic selves. Everyone is empowered to bring what makes us special and unique to the work we do. We are committed to investing in an inclusive culture that maximises the talent, skills, and diversity of our workforce. We strive to ensure that inclusivity and equality are not only at the heart of our company, but also aligned with all the clients and suppliers we work with.