We are looking for a Copywriter (or Mid-Weight Copywriter) to join Octopus Group in our Creative team for an initial six-month contract, focused on a client in the oil and energy sector.
The successful candidate will be a writer or content specialist who will be responsible for creating and communicating the voice of our clients. They will work collaboratively with our Client Services, Strategy, Digital and Media teams to ensure all copy tells a story that engages and works in line with the client’s objectives. And they will help to solve communication challenges and develop original content across a number of platforms, including digital, print and video.
As well as being good with straplines and short copy, the Copywriter will be a proficient long-form writer, able to turn their hand to blogs, bylines, email and web copy. This role requires a self-starter, who can work directly with clients and with our Client Services teams. Experience in energy, natural resources and oil is preferred but not essential.
- You will create a wide range of content for marketing campaigns and ad hoc client requests, including video scripts, eBooks, email, playbooks, thought leadership and decks
- Manage the creative process for a piece of content, from concept or synopsis, through to drafting and design (working with our design team)
- Write and edit content, in accordance with the needs of the Content Director, Senior Copywriter, Creative Director, Account and Client Directors
- Demonstrate an ability to write everything from a one sentence ad to a 2000 word eBook, moving from print to video to digital mediums
- Work with the wider Creative team to ensure copy tone and style are consistent with visual tone and style
- Work with our Strategy and Planning team to ensure that content and creative work achieves its creative and commercial objectives
- Work with Client Services teams to understand client business objectives and audience demographics
- Play an active role in developing campaign concepts
- Support the Senior Copywriter in creating content for large marketing and communications campaigns
- Actively contribute ideas and expertise to the team and the agency
- Ensure the quality, craft and implementation of all work done on projects
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least one year of experience in a relevant role, either for an agency, or as a journalist/writer
- An interest in technology or experience in natural resources, energy or oil
- A flair for storytelling, and for bringing difficult topics to life
- A self starter, who is able to work pro-actively on creative projects
- A decent portfolio of written work
You will report to the Content Director
Package designed to attract the right candidate, including our competitive benefits package of 25 days holiday, matched contributory pension, private medical care, flexible working, long-service sabbaticals, health cash plan, life assurance, childcare vouchers, free eye tests, new business and employee finder’s fees and lots more.
Everyone should feel at home, at work. At Octopus Group, all employees can be true to their authentic selves. Everyone is empowered to bring what makes us special and unique to the work we do. We are committed to investing in an inclusive culture that maximises the talent, skills, and diversity of our workforce. We strive to ensure that inclusivity and equality are not only at the heart of our company, but also aligned with all the clients and suppliers we work with.