Graphic designer / artworker
We’re looking for a Graphic Designer / Artworker to support our team in building creative solutions for our B2B clients. Your design skills will play a role in executing concepts and tactics predominantly across editorial, social and high-value presentations.
This isn’t a pure artworker role – you’ll also be a keen designer, looking to solve problems, skill-up and grow within our team. You should have a razor-sharp eye for detail, a pride for accuracy and delivering work to the highest possible standard across multiple channels. We’re a warm and friendly bunch, confident in our abilities, and working collaboratively to deliver for the agency and our clients.
- Take briefs and work closely with designers and creative teams to create design solutions across a variety of different media, demonstrating multiple ways
of solving the brief
- Ensure work adheres to specified corporate and technical guidelines.
- Maintain version and quality control of owned assets through the lifecycle of the project.
- Design and layout of content across long-form editorial, social ads, display ads, brand assets and powerpoints
- Thoroughly checking and artworking the design teams’ output, ensuring files are print and screen ready, consistent, and adhere closely to guidelines.
- Creating and artworking PowerPoint decks for high-value briefs
- Creation and maintenance of master templates for use across client and internal work
- Creation of internal marketing assets
- Working with our account teams, copywriters and designers under the guidance of our Creative Director and Art Directors to produce designs on time and on brief
- Working to short deadlines and fast turnaround times
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 1-3 years of industry experience
- Experience designing and artworking long-form editorial is essential
- Confidence designing for social, display ads and powerpoints
- Experience delivering against multiple deadlines and priorities and an ability to stay calm under pressure
- A passion for you craft and be confident when expressing your opinions
- A desire to go the extra mile to achieve what you set out to do
- Self motivation and experience working in a team
- A strong understanding of typography, space and layout, formatting text to stylesheets and preparing files
- A meticulous attention to detail – a passion for accuracy and brand consistency
- Self-starter and enthusiastic team player
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe CS, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
You will report to the Creative Director and work alongside the creative team
Package designed to attract the right candidate, including our competitive benefits package of 25 days holiday, matched contributory pension, private medical care, flexible working, long-service sabbaticals, health cash plan, life assurance, childcare vouchers, free eye tests, new business and employee finder’s fees and lots more.
Everyone should feel at home, at work. At Octopus Group, all employees can be true to their authentic selves. Everyone is empowered to bring what makes us special and unique to the work we do. We are committed to investing in an inclusive culture that maximises the talent, skills, and diversity of our workforce. We strive to ensure that inclusivity and equality are not only at the heart of our company, but also aligned with all the clients and suppliers we work with.