Marketing Account Executive
We are looking for an ambitious Account Executive to join our team – working with fast growth clients across B2B brands. The role will involve delivering creative PR and social media campaigns for a portfolio of technology clients.
Working as a critical member of an established, multi-skilled team, the ideal candidate will have agency experience in B2B technology PR and social media, excellent writing skills and a desire to make an impact in an exciting and innovative agency!
If you’re an aspiring communications professional with relevant experience, enthusiasm for business technology and a keenness to learn new skills and disciplines, this is the role for you.
- Working as part of a creative multi-skilled team to create and deliver effective integrated PR, social and content marketing campaigns for a portfolio of B2B brands
- Being a driving force on account teams to: deliver new ideas, uncover opportunities, engage with media, analysts and influencers, develop and draft content, keep projects and timelines on track and drive towards client objectives
- Managing multiple projects with account leads from conception to completion, anticipating challenges and meeting deadlines
- Proactively developing and managing client correspondence (i.e. daily pitch updates, activity reports, etc.); communicating status of programmes to internal client leads
- Building a deep understanding of industry trends, competitive landscape and how they impact clients
- Overseeing research, preparation and maintenance of accurate media/analyst lists; manage comprehensive coverage monitoring; prepare accurate and timely client reports and provide thoughtful analysis and feedback on results
- Developing and building national and local media/analyst contacts and keep abreast of developments in enterprise, enthusiast, and consumer tech, including reporter moves, outlet changes, etc.
- Working across PR, social media and content marketing disciplines to deliver on client objectives, continually learning new skills and deploying them to improve client results.
- Consistently producing high quality communications content, and contributing to creation of communications plans that meet client objectives
- Maintaining clear and consistent communications between clients and account team
Experience & Skills required:
- At least 6 months previous PR and/or marketing experience, ideally working for B2B technology clients.
- Experience of media relations including journalist liaison, press list maintenance, feature pitching and coverage tracking
- Strong writing capabilities with excellent attention to detail including experience writing blogs
- Experience working in a busy press office/account team, developing PR campaigns and liaising with relevant media
- Experience delivering social media campaigns (organic or paid) is desirable, as is knowledge or experience of related marketing and content marketing disciplines
- A self-motivated individual with a passion and understanding of PR or marketing and social media
- A proven ability to handle and manage deadlines in a fast-paced, results orientated environment
- Great at building relationships with clients and internal colleagues at all levels
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Self-aware and able to adapt personal style and approach to clients and team
- An ability to prioritise workload in a fast-paced, pressurised environment
You will report to an Account Director and work alongside Octopus Group Account Managers and Client Directors
Package designed to attract the right candidate, including our competitive benefits package of 25 days holiday, matched contributory pension, private medical care, flexible working, long-service sabbaticals, health cash plan, life assurance, childcare vouchers, free eye tests, new business and employee finder’s fees and lots more.
Everyone should feel at home, at work. At Octopus Group, all employees can be true to their authentic selves. Everyone is empowered to bring what makes us special and unique to the work we do. We are committed to investing in an inclusive culture that maximises the talent, skills, and diversity of our workforce. We strive to ensure that inclusivity and equality are not only at the heart of our company, but also aligned with all the clients and suppliers we work with.