We’re looking for an integrated content designer with strong web, brand and layout skills, keen to get involved across multiple types of projects and campaigns spanning brand and web, to long-form editorial and social. Working within a cross-discipline creative team made up of designers, copywriters, motion, strategy and digital, you’ll be responsible for helping develop and realise best in class creative executions for our clients.
- Creating pixel-perfect websites, with a good understanding of responsive design, web typography, and designing for interaction.
- Working on brand concepts, from mockups to guidelines.
- Working with copywriters, and to brand guidelines, to create compelling editorial layouts
- Interpreting brand guidelines while bringing new ideas and ways of thinking
- Working with the studio manager, creative team and wider agency to manage your time across multiple projects within tight deadlines
- Work collaboratively with the entire project team throughout, from producing original concepts, throughout the development of the work, to the delivery of brilliantly formed final designs.
- Working with motion designers to create storyboards and visuals for brand videos, explainers and social content
- Keep abreast of current trends and issues in the wider creative world, and can draw inspiration from them to fuel their own thinking.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong portfolio showcasing experience in integrated marketing, showing clear specialism in web, brand and content design
- Experience working with copywriters, motion designers and account teams to produce original visual executions that are smart, on-brand, and on brief.
- At least 3 years of professional design experience in an agency environment
- Experienced in Adobe CC including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- An infectious passion for great typography, layout and design
- Experience with digital design tools such as Sketch & InVision
- An original thinker, able to communicate your ideas clearly, internally and externally, written and verbally
- Able to take direction from all angles, interpret feedback, collaborate and treat your work objectively, with a willingness to support less experienced members of the team
- Eﬀective time management with the ability to meet deadlines and see projects through, from inception to production in a fast-paced environment
You will report to the Creative Director and work alongside the creative team
Package designed to attract the right candidate, including our competitive benefits package of 25 days holiday, matched contributory pension, private medical care, flexible working, long-service sabbaticals, health cash plan, life assurance, childcare vouchers, free eye tests, new business and employee finder’s fees and lots more.
Everyone should feel at home, at work. At Octopus Group, all employees can be true to their authentic selves. Everyone is empowered to bring what makes us special and unique to the work we do. We are committed to investing in an inclusive culture that maximises the talent, skills, and diversity of our workforce. We strive to ensure that inclusivity and equality are not only at the heart of our company, but also aligned with all the clients and suppliers we work with.