Account director/senior account director – 12 month contract
We are looking for an experienced account lead (AD/SAD) to plan and manage the execution of exceptional client work – covering PR, research, content and social media – within a portfolio that consists of strategic accounts for Octopus Group. As the account lead, you’ll work closely from a commercial perspective with Client Directors to lead, develop and enhance your portfolio while delivering an impeccable client experience, leading a team of three very capable direct reports.
Extensive B2B tech PR experience is required, along with evidence of successful campaign planning and execution. This role demands the ability to uncover strategic insight through intelligent questioning and a curious mindset, to help grow accounts and deliver the best possible work. Outstanding commercial and client management skills, the ability to lead a team from the front and a level head are all key.
The ideal candidate will be in a similar role in a PR or marketing agency or looking to progress in an agency that is shaking up the B2B marketing world.
- Alongside the Client Directors, be responsible for creating and maintaining integrated comms plans including project timelines, working with input from specialist departments when needed
- Provide and contribute strategic direction, insight, guidance and creativity to drive accounts, using initiative to achieve excellent delivery for the client
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with key media, influencers, third parties and colleagues to provide appropriate skills and input to programmes and activities
- Implement and monitor communications strategies and proposals
- Be responsible for the management of briefing all client work into the relevant departments, drawing on support from the relevant teams and specialisms to ensure the quality of all work that is delivered to the client is of the highest standard
- Be the hub of communication for the client – be a key point of contact for clients, advising them directly and demonstrating sound judgement
- Identify any client issues and make recommendations to Client Directors for solutions in a timely manner
- Ensure innovation is a common thread in delivery of all client projects
- Drive client satisfaction across all touch points to ensure a consistent and positive experience with Octopus Group
- Oversee a team of three capable Octopedes, ensuring you support their learning and development while getting the most out of them at all times
Skills & Experience required:
- At least 5 years B2B tech PR experience gained in an agency environment
- Senior experience within a PR agency or in-house position, at least 1 year as an AD (if agency)
- Leadership and management skills within a PR environment
- Talent development expertise
- Must have an interest in digital marketing concepts such as SEO, blogging, and social media, lead nurturing, email marketing etc…
- Excellent drafting and reviewing skills – whether in preparing client briefs, communication strategies, press releases, messaging, proposals or eBooks
- Excellent client handling and good management skills, providing a mentoring role to other staff and building close relationships with clients
- Top notch media skills and contacts – with specific experience of pro-active media work
- Proven experience in leading new business pitches and proposals
- Strong people management experience – able to support and manage a matrix team structure
- Delegating to and managing a PR team
- Business development abilities with track record of success
You will report to the Head of Client Services
Package designed to attract the right candidate, including our competitive benefits package of 25 days holiday, matched contributory pension, private medical care, flexible working, long-service sabbaticals, health cash plan, life assurance, childcare vouchers, free eye tests, new business and employee finder’s fees and lots more.
Apply for this job: