We are looking for an ambitious Account Executive to join our technology team – working with clients who are passionate about B2B technology. The role will involve delivering creative PR and content marketing campaigns for a portfolio of technology clients. Working as a critical member of an established, multi-skilled team, the ideal candidate will have agency experience in B2B technology PR and marketing, excellent writing skills and a desire to make an impact in an exciting and innovative agency!
If you’re a rising communications professional with relevant experience, enthusiasm for business technology and a keenness to learn new skills and disciplines, this is the role for you.
- Working as part of a creative multi-skilled team to create and deliver effective integrated PR and content marketing campaigns for a portfolio of B2B brands
- Being a driving force on account teams to: deliver new ideas, uncover opportunities, engage with media, analysts and influencers, develop and draft content, keep projects and timelines on track and drive towards client objectives
- Managing multiple projects with account leads from conception to completion, anticipating challenges and meeting deadlines
- Proactively developing and managing client correspondence (i.e. daily pitch updates, activity reports, etc.); communicating status of programmes to internal client leads
- Building a deep understanding of industry trends, competitive landscape and how they impact clients
- Overseeing research, preparation and maintenance of accurate media/analyst lists; manage comprehensive coverage monitoring; prepare accurate and timely client reports and provide thoughtful analysis and feedback on results
- Developing and building national and local media/analyst contacts and keep abreast of developments in enterprise, enthusiast, and consumer tech, including reporter moves, outlet changes, etc.
- Working across PR, social media and content marketing disciplines to deliver on client objectives, continually learning new skills and deploying them to improve client results.
- Consistently producing high quality communications content, and contributing to creation of communications plans that meet client objectives
- Maintaining clear and consistent communications between clients and account team
- At least 3 years previous PR and/or marketing experience with at least 6 months experience working for B2B technology clients.
- Experience of media relations including journalist liaison, press list maintenance, feature pitching and coverage tracking
- Proven experience in working on campaigns which exceed client expecatations
- Strong writing capabilities with excellent attention to detail including experience writing blogs
- Experience working in a busy press office/account team, developing PR campaigns and liaising with relevant media
- Experience delivering social media campaigns (organic or paid) is desirable, as is knowledge or experience of related marketing and content marketing disciplines
Key Skills Required:
- A self-motivated individual with a passion and understanding of PR or marketing and social media
- A drive to learn and develop new skills
- A proven ability to handle and manage deadlines in a fast-paced, results orientated environment
- Passion for keeping a pulse on the news cycle
- Great at building relationships with clients and internal colleagues at all levels
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Organised with excellent time management skills
- Supportive, inspiring and motivational team player
- Self-aware and able to adapt personal style and approach to clients and team
- An ability to prioritise workload in a fast-paced, pressurised environment
You will report to the Account Director and work alongside Octopus Group Account Managers and Client Directors
222 Grays Inn Road, London
Package designed to attract the right candidate, including our competitive benefits package of 27 days holiday, matched contributory pension, private medical care, flexible working, long-service sabbaticals, health cash plan, life assurance, childcare vouchers, free eye tests, new business and employee finder’s fees and lots more.
Apply for this job: