Associate Director/ Research Director, Loudhouse
Loudhouse is unique. We’re a boutique, standalone technology and B2B research agency, which sits at the heart of Octopus Group. Loudhouse is critical to the company’s growth and success. We create the numbers and insights on which news stories and thought leadership reports are based and we are regularly name-checked in the media and in published reports. And we deliver standalone research and insight to support our clients’ growth.
With the appetite for research and customer understanding increasing, there is a huge opportunity to build on an established formula and take Loudhouse to another level.
This is a role where dazzling clients and bringing research to life for audiences large and small is an essential skill.
As a senior member of the Research Team you will take a lead role supporting growth plans of Loudhouse and delivering exceptional quality projects to our clients. As an Associate Director you will be responsible for client servicing and team development, while a Research Director would also be expected to play a significant role in business development.
You will have a proven track record in managing and leading B2B and tech research projects within a research, market analyst or marketing agency. We’re looking for a good client handler, analyst and storyteller who can identify research opportunities throughout the content marketing lifecycle. Some of our projects are very fast turnaround. You’ll be someone who can work across a number of research projects simultaneously, who has a sleeves rolled-up attitude and who isn’t afraid of taking on new challenges.
- Managing Client Accounts
- You will take a senior role at key client interface situations with ultimate responsibility for the quality of service provided and business developed on allocated accounts.
- Add value to the client experience and research by providing advice, consultancy and a high level of interpretation and direction, where appropriate.
- Identify future project opportunities within the group network for research and insight
- Project Planning
- Demonstrate effective project management by considering wider Group client teams and, skills required for the project (e.g. specialist techniques etc.) and current workloads and generally acting in the role of trouble-shooter to ensure smooth progress of all projects.
- Team Development
- Take a lead role in establishing development plans for the more junior members of the team
- Act as a mentor for the team and other members of the non-research Octopus Group team
- Business Development (RD role)
- The generation of New Business through warm leads generated and from other personal contacts including promoting Loudhouse awareness amongst potential clients and contacts
- Educated to degree level in marketing, communications, psychology, business studies, economics or similar field with exposure to market research or statistical techniques
- Strong experience in a similar role gained from a marketing agency or analyst background
- B2B technology experience
- Proven experience managing multiple projects
- Exceptional presentation and storytelling skills
- Specialist experience in one or more of the following is preferred: Content marketing; buyer understanding & buyer personas; customer journey mapping; market entry studies; brand strategy.
Key Skills required:
- Commercially focused with a drive for performance and results
- Confident in presenting and reporting on results
- Proactive work ethic to start new initiatives and test alternatives
- Team player who can work with brand teams, clients and supporting specialists
- Strong client relationship skills – the ability to quickly gain the confidence of multiple client contacts and really get under the skin of their business
- Ambition, enthusiasm and drive
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
You will report to the MD of Loudhouse and work alongside Octopus Group Account Directors and Client Directors
222 Grays Inn Road, London
Package designed to attract the right candidate, including our competitive benefits package of 27 days holiday, matched contributory pension, private medical care, flexible working, long-service sabbaticals, health cash plan, life assurance, childcare vouchers, free eye tests, new business and employee finder’s fees and lots more.