We are looking for a Copywriter to join Octopus Group in our Creative team. The successful candidate will be a writer or content specialist who will be responsible for creating and communicating the voice of our clients. They will work collaboratively with our Brand Engagement, Strategy & Planning and Demand Generation teams to ensure all copy tells a story that engages as well as generates awareness. And they will help to solve communication challenges and develop original content across a number of platforms.
As well as being good with straplines and short copy, the Copywriter is a proficient long-form writer, able to turn their hand to blogs, bylines, email and web copy. This role would suit a writer looking for their first or second job in content production.
- Manage, write and edit content for Octopus Group’s clients as directed by the Head of Copy and Mid-weight Copywriter
- Create content that helps to further establish the clients as thought leaders in their key
- Work with the wider Creative team to ensure copy tone and style are consistent with visual tone and style
- Work with Brand Engagement teams to understand business objectives and audience demographics for clients
- Play an active role in developing campaign concepts
- Support the Mid-weight Copywriter in creating content for rolling blog and case study programmes
- Work on campaigns for Octopus Group clients, ensuring a consistent voice across all creative work
- Check concepts against the creative brief to ensure they meet strategic goals and objectives
- Ensure the quality, craft and implementation of all work done on projects
Desired Skills and Experience
- Be commercially aware and seek out ways to make the team more cost effective
- Keep on top of timesheets, communicating with the Head of Copy if a project is at risk of going over budget
- Work with the Head of Copy and Mid-weight Copywriter to identify opportunities to promote Octopus Group’s integrated services where appropriate
- Contribute to pitches and new business projects
- Help to make Octopus Group a great place to work. Do your bit to build morale and to make work fun by demonstrating best practice in the Group values, mission and vision (noted below)
- Be positive and a force for good in the team, encouraging the sharing of advice, knowledge and best practice – all working towards one goal
- Contribute to an innovative, collaborative, and cooperative work environment
- Support Group wide initiatives to help the Group achieve its vision
You will report to the Head of Copy
222 Grays Inn Road, London
Package designed to attract the right candidate, including our competitive benefits package of 27 days holiday, matched contributory pension, private medical care, flexible working, long-service sabbaticals, health cash plan, life assurance, childcare vouchers, free eye tests, new business and employee finder’s fees and lots more.