Motion Designer / Video Editor
We are currently seeking an ambitious and highly talented Motion Designer and Video Editor to join our close-knit creative team, made up of designers, copywriters and strategists. You’ll be responsible for creating brilliantly executed content from scamp to final edit, across animated product launch videos, motion design for brand launches, editing and adding motion to video interviews and case studies, creating animations for websites and social.
We’re looking for someone with diverse portfolio and an infectious passion for animation and film, who will inspire us with their creative ideas! If this sounds like you, let’s talk!
- Deliver creative motion design that brings our clients’ brands to life
- Concept and develop content for social campaigns
- Work with our creative director, internal teams, and clients to set the tone of our projects.
- Gather design references, create moodboards, scamps, storyboards and animatics to communicate ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- Take ownership of projects, from concept through to completion.
- Actively help continuously develop the Octopus Group brand, through compelling case studies, brand videos and social content
- Assist in directing, planning and project managing shoots and the post-production process with our freelance videographers
- Work across multiple project deadlines – from video editing to animated product explainers, case studies and brand launches, to animations for websites and social – on time, on budget, and on brief
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least three years of work experience as a video editor/animator in an agency/production environment
- A high level of self-motivation, and the ability to take ownership of projects from concept through to completion.
- Proficient in the latest video editing software including Premiere Pro, After Effects (C4D is a solid plus)
- A solid understanding of colour correction and grading
- Good organisation and version control skills
- Familiarity with 3D compositing and animation
- Experience with adding motion to brand work
- Laser-eyed attention to detail
- A brain bursting with creativity and visual storytelling
- A demonstrable video editing an animation ability, and a strong portfolio
You will report to our Creative Director and work alongside the studio, copy and digital teams.
Package designed to attract the right candidate, including our competitive benefits package of 27 days holiday, matched contributory pension, private medical care, flexible working, long-service sabbaticals, health cash plan, life assurance, childcare vouchers, free eye tests, new business and employee finder’s fees and lots more.
Apply for this job: