PR internship – paid opportunity at award winning agency
Octopus Group (octopusgrp.com) is a 60 strong integrated marketing agency based in Farringdon. Technology, and everything related to it, is our big passion. Our plan over the next few years is to become known as a category-defining marketing agency for technology brands.
We have our own approach and philosophy called Brand to Sales, which is about helping our clients link reputation to commercial sales success quickly. It works. We measure our success in the campaigns we run for global market leaders like Adecco, Blackberry and Vodafone and super-growth companies like Currencycloud, Kx Systems and Pindrop.
In our own industry, we’re getting known for being an Agency of the Future and standing out from the sometimes drab world of corporate B2B marketing. People are talking about us, the phone is ringing, new clients are coming on board, we’re growing at record pace and, more importantly for you, we’re hiring.
We have a unique family feel here where energy, enthusiasm, teamwork and a hunger to succeed are all mixed with a common purpose and a big safety net. Octopus Group is a special place to work and we spend lots of time and thought in keeping it that way.
We are looking for an ambitious intern to join our technology team. This is an opportunity to work with some of the world’s largest, most innovative and fast-growing technology brands, implementing innovative campaigns and social media strategies that drive increased engagement amongst key target audiences.
If you’re a rising communications professional with enthusiasm for business technology and a keenness to learn new skills and disciplines, this is the role for you. The successful candidates will have a passion for media relations, social media and marketing and a keen interest in tech PR. They will be conscientious, hard-working and willing to go the extra mile. They will have strong organisational skills, a keen attention to detail and the ability to think creatively. They will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be an effective multi-tasker. They will be a strong team player but also have the ability to manage their own time and workload.
They will engage with the media community and perform tasks to support client’s media relations campaigns, including development of press lists, forward feature monitoring, pitching and facilitating briefings. They will help manage all related administrative functions of a PR and marketing account team including reporting, evaluation and management of client approvals and reports. They will support social media projects and be involved in writing PR materials including social media updates, blogs and press releases.
Role specifics for this entry level Internship will include:
- Supporting your team on client campaigns
- Managing social media channels
- Writing engaging copy including articles, press releases, feature articles and opinion pieces
- Social media reporting
- Liaising with the media on behalf of your clients
- Developing engaging B2B content
- Writing blogs and identifying influencers
- Organising client events
- A passion for B2B and technology
- An understanding of media relations including journalist liaison, press list maintenance, feature pitching and coverage tracking
- Natural writing capabilities with excellent attention to detail including experience writing blogs
- An understanding of the workings of a busy press office/account team, developing PR campaigns and liaising with relevant media
- Experience delivering social media campaigns (organic or paid) is desirable, as is knowledge or experience of related marketing and content marketing disciplines
- A self-motivated individual with a passion and understanding of PR or marketing and social media
- A drive to learn and develop new skills
- An ability to handle and manage deadlines in a fast-paced, results-orientated environment
- Passion for keeping a pulse on the news cycle
- Great at building relationships with clients and internal colleagues at all levels
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Organised with excellent time management skills
- Supportive, inspiring and motivational team player
- Self-aware and able to adapt personal style and approach to clients and team
- An ability to prioritise workload in a fast-paced, pressurised environment