Talent manager (maternity cover)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Talent Manager to join our operations team as a 12-month maternity cover contract, starting at the beginning of November.
Your role will focus on attracting the best talent into our business and supporting the management team giving you full exposure to HR within the agency and all the intricacies of how we keep Octopus Group a Best Place to Work! You will support the team in a diverse role overseeing the full employee lifecycle., from recruiting the best people, supporting them through their careers and ensuring the company culture and work environment is in-line with our core values.
We are a highly client and candidate focussed team who take pride in delivering great results. We want to hire a dedicated and passionate HR advocate who is ready to get stuck into a busy role with lots of autonomy.
Recruitment & Talent
- Provide day to day HR services to a team of 60 (and growing)
- Take the internal and external lead in all recruitment managing the end-to end recruitment process for temporary, freelance, and permanent hires across the agency
- Ensure a healthy pipeline of candidates across all roles by developing creative and innovative attraction methods that keep Octopus Group ahead of the curve and attractive to the best talent in our industry
- Manage a robust and engaging onboarding and offboarding process
- Support managers in effective succession planning and identifying skills gaps across teams to inform recruitment activity
- Act as the first point of contact for all employee queries, working with the leadership team to provide a first-class employee experience and develop the agency culture
- Provide advice and guidance on employee relations issues e.g. disciplinary/grievance matters and performance management. Where necessary, investigate matters and attend/conduct meetings in conjunction with the business
- Oversee our flexible benefit programme ensuring including relationships with providers
- Work with the management team to maintain a fair and consistent approach to reward amongst individual teams as well as across the agency
- Oversee our compensation, OG perks, and benefits packages remain competitive in our industry
Learning & Development
- Oversee, with the support of Directors, our learning and development strategies including our unique Brand to Sales Academy
- Take responsibility for the management of the end-to-end annual performance review process, delivering the performance review training and workshops
Policy & Process
- Execute all ongoing HR activities as part of the annual HR plan
- Manage HR administration tasks including maintaining and updating HR software, employee records, absence, and holiday records, training records, supporting with payroll and company policies and processes
- Maintain all employee documentation in accordance with GDPR requirements
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a HR and/or recruitment focused role
- Previous experience gained within HR or recruitment in an agency environment
- Employee relations experience
- Strong MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
- Demonstrable experience of Human Resources and Talent Acquisition practices
- Be a great communicator, influencer and be able to understand the motivations and drivers of recruiters and talent at all levels
- Self-motivation is critical with a desire to be the best. As a business we are always looking for innovative ideas to be better, quicker, faster and first!
- Ability to build trusted professional and positive relationships
- You will consider yourself as a people person with strong relationship building skills
- Strong inter-personal skills combined with a requirement to ensure confidentiality when appropriate are essential
- You will be efficient, reliable, enthusiastic, and persuasive
- You will have exceptional organisational skills with a great eye for detail
- You will demonstrate the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines on a variety of competing projects and tasks
You will report to the Finance Director
222 Grays Inn Road, London
Package designed to attract the right candidate, including a competitive commission structure, our benefits package of 27 days holiday, matched contributory pension, private medical care, flexible working, long-service sabbaticals, health cash plan, life assurance, childcare vouchers, free eye tests, new business and employee finder’s fees and lots more.
Apply for this job: